R.T. Scott started on the original site on Boyce Street, Blenheim in 1948, when four partners started producing polished terrazzo, concrete fence posts, and some of the first concrete building blocks to be used in Marlborough.
By 1964, Mr R.T. Scott had passed away and Mr Alister Black was Manager. The firm had set up a new prestressing concrete plant, and by developing more sophisticated concrete making techniques, had become an industry leader in the top of the South Island.
With the prestressing plant and other innovations, R.T. Scott was involved in the construction of many of Marlborough's bridges and buildings. These include the Fairhall Diversion Bridge (Renwick), Awapiri Bridge (Awatere Valley), Rai Valley Bridge, and the Wellworth Supermarket (the former Smiths City building on Scott Street).
During the 1980's the business was purchased by Stresscrete, as part of the Fletcher Group.
Then in 2000 Brian Wastney bought the business and rebranded it as Precast Marlborough.
In May 2010 Phil and Nick Robinson established a new company, Precast Systems Limited.
Purchasing the assets of Precast Marlborough Limited from Brian Wastney, the new business set up and became fully operational at its new yard in the Burleigh Industrial Estate on New Renwick Road, Blenheim.
Retaining the expert management of the previous owner Brian; Phil, Nick, and Precast Systems continues to supply the same precast and prestressed products and services.
Being fortunate to also retain the services of staff from the previous business, this expertise has ensured a smooth transition from the original site to the new yard, and the ability to maintain production.
Although Precast Systems specialises in the big stuff, we don't just do precast concrete panels and prestressed concrete power poles.
We also construct precast concrete water troughs, and the original design for R.T. Scott's round and oblong troughs is still used today. We even do a concrete dog bowl.
These smaller items can be purchased using your Farmlands card.